Cybershield is industry leading supplier of metallized plastic solutions for EMI shielding, ESD control, chrome plated finishes, Mil-spec finishes, including CARC coatings. Cybershield is a recognized world leader in conductive coating on plastic. This includes our plating plastic capabilities where we can plate plastic resins from ABS to polycarbonate, to nylon, to liquid crystal polymer, epoxy, PEEK, PEI, and graphite composites to name a few. We also offer manual and robotic application of conductive paint. We work with design engineers at our customers in wide range of industries, including:
Complementing industry-leading plastic plating capabilities, Cybershield now offers chemical conversion coating of aluminum/chem film/chromate conversion coating and electroless nickel palting on aluminum.
- Consumer Electronics
- Telecommunications Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Medical Devices
- Military/Aerospace Equipment
- Chemical conversion coating complies to MIL-DTL-5541.
- Electroless nickel plating complies to MIL-C-26074, ASTM B733 and AMS 2404
We supply metallized plastic systems to our customers from low volume to millions of units per year. We offer our engineering experience in conductive coating solutions to our customers during their design phase, including offering design recommendations and supplying prototypes and engineering samples for customer evaluation. Cybershield offers conductive coatings tailored to address broad range of EMI plating, RFI shielding and ESD Discharge requirements. Cybershield solutions include:
- Electroless plating plastic (selective plating, i.e., plating on only specified surfaces, or plating on all surfaces)
- Electrolytic plating plastic (also called electroplating) adds additional options for metallizing plastic. After the initial electroless copper or nickel layer is applied onto the plastic part, it can be electroplated to add much thicker coatings than cost effective with electroless plating. Additionally, decorative finishes, such as bright and satin chrome, is deposited using electroplating process.
- Conductive shielding paint (also called EMI paint) application
- Conductive gasket (also called form-in-place gasket).
- We also electroplate plastic parts for applications that require enhanced EMI shielding performance or heightened corrosion and wear resistance. We utilize our electroplating plastic expertise to offer decorative chrome plating plastic, including bright chrome plating and satin chrome plating.
Review military specifications and industry specifications for plating finishes.
Download the Cybershield Brochure to obtain more information about metallized plastics and other manufacturing services offered by Cybershield.
Cybershield can supply turnkey part or assembly. We can take your design and produce a finished component or assembly to your specifications. We can also perform the following processes:
- Injection mold the part
- Apply the coating (plating plastic, conductive paint / EMI plating paint on plastic, decorative plating plastic, CARC paint application)
- Perform required manufacturing services (install inserts, conductive gasket and/or environmental seal gasket, apply decorative paint, and/or perform mechanical assembly). Being turnkey supplier can save time and money when purchasing metallized plastic parts.
See how Cybershield Customers rate our performance as a supplier.
Cybershield offers Mil Spec Painting Services
Click on the links below to learn more about Cybershield capabilities and how they can achieve your design objectives. Cybershield has expanded on its conductive paint application expertise to offer military specification and CARC paint application services. We also have added capabilities to pretreat steel and including chemical conversion coating aluminum parts for the Mil spec and CARC paint application. We are capable of pretreating and painting aluminum and steel and applying wide range of CARC and other mil spec paints.
Contact Cybershield to review your requirements or to discuss design options. We will promptly respond to your phone or email inquiry and provide technical assistance to help you design a cost effective product design.
Learn more about Cybershield turnkey capabilities, including:
- Injection Molding
- Mechanical Assembly Services
See the Cybershield Newsletter for latest news, information and technical updates.