Cybershield has executed an agreement to acquire substantially all of the assets of Seleco, Inc., based in Indianapolis, IN. This includes the acquisition of the “Seleco Plating Process”. After almost thirty years in business, Seleco will cease operations effective on October 31, 2017. Like Seleco, Cybershield applies selective electroless copper and nickel plating onto plastic parts for numerous North American based customers.
Blair Vandivier, Seleco President stated, “Cybershield acquisition of Seleco assets will ensure continuity of supply to Seleco customers. Cybershield has been plating on plastics for over 30 years and uses process and materials identical to the “Seleco Plating Process”. Cybershield has a sizable customer base also using selectively plated plastic parts and significant manufacturing capabilities and capacity. Cybershield will be able to seamlessly integrate Seleco customer’s requirements into its business.” Fixturing and tooling will be transferred to Cybershield, and Cybershield expects to commence plating parts for former Seleco customers in November. Bobby Marshall, Cybershield President stated, “Seleco and Cybershield personnel will act as a team during this transition to ensure customer requirements are fully met. We will work to achieve a seamless transition of customer projects from Seleco to Cybershield and we look forward to the opportunity to serve former Seleco customers.”
Cybershield is an ISO 9001 certified company based in Lufkin, TX (approximately 100 miles north of Houston) that has served many world class customers over its 30 years of operation. Cybershield is a leading supplier of functional and decorative metal finishing on plastics with capabilities including:
- Electroless plating on plastics
- Electrolytic plating on plastics
- Functional plating including copper and bright nickel
- Decorative trivalent bright chrome plating on plastics
- Conductive paint application onto plastics
- Injection molding in-house at Cybershield and at many injection molders
- Electroless nickel plating and conversion coating on aluminum
- Form-in-place conductive and non-conductive gasket dispensing onto metal and metallized plastic parts
- Chemical Agent Resistant Coating (CARC) application as well as other military specification coatings and paints onto metal and metallized plastic parts
- Commercial specification decorative paint application onto metal and metallized plastic parts
For more information, please contact Cameron Marshall at 936-633-6309 or Cameron.email@example.com.